Message From The Board of Directors
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the FMWAS Board of Directors unanimously ratified a Health and Safety Policy on July 7, 2020.
On January 7, 2022, because of the continued health emergency and associated risks to the well-being of all, and the fact that vaccines and associated booster shots are now readily available and immunity levels are considerably higher, the board revised and updated its policy to reflect current and future conditions concerning all its gatherings, whether held indoors or outside, as follows:
FRANCIS M. WESTON AUDUBON SOCIETY HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) current guidelines:
- Monthly Membership Meetings will be held virtually (via Zoom) until it is deemed safe to resume in-person meetings.
- Board meetings may continue to be held virtually (via Zoom).
- In-person field trips and bird walks shall have the following stipulations:
- CDC Guidelines (including social distancing) shall be strictly followed.
- Face masks shall be worn at all times by non-vaccinated participants/leaders.
- Field trip/bird walk leaders are authorized to cancel any event if they determine risk exceeds benefit.